Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Thursday, March 12, 2015

A Great Success!

The total hip replacement of the bear in the bear hospital was a complete success and the bear is ready to run marathons AND put out more fires! He anxious to go home and I am sure his owner will be happy to have him back in her collection. This Vermont Teddy Bear Company bear broke his hip joint and his hat was a bit worse for the wear. I fixed everything (although in this pic, I hadn't put his American flag back in his hand), gave him a good brush, and lots of love. He's showing off his cheeky attitude with the tip of his hat! He showed his fight in surgery, it was a bit hard to get the joint back in, but we worked through it and he's raring to go. Cute bear!


 

I also finished this little guy.  I used the pattern from the bigger bear I just finished and redesigned his body and arms, then shrunk him on the scanner. This little dot stands at just over 5 inches. He's pretty cute. He's also the one that's been in the blue bag for an eternity! 




I was able to sit Wednesday afternoon and design another one. I got the fur in the mail a little while back and have been itching to make a bear from it! I chose a muted "country" blue for the paws, the fur has at least a two inch pile. I am rapt and simply can't wait to get started today.

The test quilts are moving along. I finished one and it comes out this weekend..... thequiltandneedle.com and it's the March Mystery. We are still working on the next one, which is June's mystery. It is gorgeous so far and I am sure you will like it. Sign up for more than one mystery on her site and save money!!!!!

Watch this space, I am going to try to put a bear pattern online on a separate page. I'll let you know as soon as it's available. If you make it, please let me know, I would love to see it. I have been asked to start making those teddy bears from baby's pjs, so I am busy with that as well.  It's never dull around here.

Have a fantastic day. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you. I hope you get some time to enjoy doing the things you love. Ladies Bible Study this afternoon, can't wait!

happy crafting,

Debi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment