Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Teeny Tiny Bear

And I am off and running again.  We are settling into a routine around here. The children are doing a bit of summer school in the mornings and our chores right after lunch.  After that, we all get some free time to just play around.  I finally finished the bear I was working on.  It is so cute!  I have started the bunny.  I am loving the design, I CANNOT wait to see it finished!

 
This bear has bent legs and can sit on the edge of a shelf or lay on his tummy with his legs in the air.  It is pretty tiny, I used 15mm discs and tiny cotter pins to joint. The only thing I will change on this little guy is the fabric I used on the paw pads. I only had the right color in felt and I don't like to use felt with mohair.  I need to get some ultrasuede or something similar.

The bunny rabbit has the cutest body shape and will have long front legs, huge back feet, and cute bunny ears.  I am making it from cream colored string mohair with cream paw pads.  I have the front legs nearly finished.  I am looking forward to after school, lunch, and chores to work on it again!

Life is different around here, not only do we have five of our grandchildren for a while, but my husband took a new job and he is out of the house five days a week for twelve hours.  I  am thankful for the job as he was facing a layoff with the former job. We have so much to be thankful for.

I hope you have some time to work on the things you enjoy. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you. Please post a pic of what you're working on, I would love to see. It is almost my turn to post on the Patchwork Posse, watch her page for me!

happy crafting,

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment