Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Ready, Set, Sew

Another busy day, but today was in my "crafting office" as our granddaughter calls it!  I have been busy sorting, cutting, sorting, cutting, and sorting more! 
Here is my current project.  It is a two block quilt. I have one block in each box.  I also was able to sort the 2.5" strips into color boxes.  I am so excited with my progress!
Now for a bit of a tutorial on how to save fabric when you are cutting your quarter square triangles.  I used 2.5" strips for all the pieces of my current project.  

First, I straightened the end by cutting off the selvage.  Then I cut my half square triangles with my easy angle ruler on the 2.5" line.
 After that, I used my companion angle ruler to cut my quarter square triangles. Flipping the ruler up and down to maximize fabric usage.

 Followed by cutting half square triangles at the end of the strip.

I threw the left over ends in my crumb bin for use in string squares.  

I've had tons of fun today.  Pretty pleased with my progress!!

Hope you accomplished a lot today as well!

Quilt piecefully,

Debi


No comments:

Post a Comment