Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Adjusting Patterns

A lot of times I like certain parts of a pattern, but not others.  I love taking bits of each and shrinking, enlarging, or tweaking and putting them with parts of other patterns. The dog I am working on has parts of a teddy bear, a rabbit, and dog.  I brought fur and hardware to make it while in Sacramento. The weather has been warm here, so I am spending a lot of time outside with the children, but I am still working.  I have a pattern to finish writing and publish.

Why not try mixing patterns? Take the parts of each pattern you like and mix them together. I wonder if Picasso started this way?? If your patterns are the same size, it should be easy to take parts of each and put them together. If not, you may need to decrease or enlarge with a scanner and printer. OR, if you like the pattern just the way it is, shrink enlarge the entire pattern for a different look. If you are working on a garment, try using sleeves from one and bodice from another. If you have any questions, just ask. I've done this a lot and am old hat at it!!

I also brought my knitting. I am working on a dishcloth. I usually take one along when I travel. It is an easy, quick project and everyone can always use an extra dishcloth! This one is a raised diamond pattern. Pretty easy once you get in to the groove!

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate you. I hope you get time to do something today you enjoy. Please share. Also, try adjusting a pattern and show us your new creation. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Go ahead, jump out of your box!!

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment