Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Snips and Snails

Friday was profitable with school and bear making. We finished school by 2:00, so I had the rest of the day to "play". I had to take time out for cooking, cleaning, and laundry. Amongst the duties, I did finish the paw pads and started to fill this cute little fella. I started with the head...it is looking so cute. I know it may not look like much to you, but to me it is shaping up nicely to be a sweet little Rufus! (Ok, maybe you need to use a little bit of imagination!!) 


All name ideas for this guy are appreciated. Also, the bunny still doesn't have a name and Peter just sounds too redundant! I think this is the hardest part of making the bears and soft toys...my friend that usually names them is a bit distracted with a new baby! 

The children are doing well in school, the younger ones learning to read and the older ones learning new concepts every week. I love to watch the light bulbs in their brains and their faces light up when they finally "get it". I love the "aha" moments we get nearly everyday. I spent a lot of the afternoon yesterday organizing the school area (the dining room), it was fun to watch the kids as they put everything back in its place. I love having my island and kitchen back!

I am looking forward to the weekend, although we didn't do school Monday as Nana was a bit under the weather, we will make up our day today (Saturday). After school my weekend will be mine. I want to finish "Rufus" and maybe design another bear. It has been way to long since I designed a new one. Hope your weekend is as awesome as my dream of mine will be! Hoping you have time to do something you love. Please share your projects, I love the creativity you inspire.

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you.

enjoy your day,

Debi  

No comments:

Post a Comment