Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Priortizing...

I have been so busy over the past couple of weeks that some things that I want to do, aren't getting done. I have learned to prioritize my time. With the children here for a while, we are homeschooling, I am working on the quilt for the Market, and another for the Quilters Club of America's mystery. There just isn't enough time in a given day to get everything I WANT to do done! I guess as long as I am having fun, that's all that matters, RIGHT?????????

Here is a classic example of how my days have been going recently. I was sewing along yesterday, after tidying my table a bit for the large quilts I am working on when....BOOM....my teddy bear shelf fell EEK! My sewing machine is right under this as is a window. We are all fine and survived without a scratch. The teddy bears were all safely caught and laid aside while the engineer comes and replaces molly bolt or whatever they are called to put their resting place back where it belongs! Yesterday..shelves, the day before..my husband ran out of gas in the four-wheeler in the desert and I had to go tow him and the quad out after dark, Saturday..sick children, NEVER a dull moment!

The mystery quilt is all together now, just working on the border. The quilt for Market is in the quilting process. Since time is so short, I chose to stitch in the ditch. The designer says this is a wonderful idea as we are trying to show off the pattern of the quilt and the fabric as it will be hanging at a fabric manufacturer's booth. Stitching in the ditch is much easier and quicker. Just need to get this honkin big thing pinned and ready to go!

Well, I need to get back to it. Thanks for stopping by. Head over to Patchwork Posse and pick up the pattern for the rabbit and watch this space, more patterns coming up soon. Thinking of putting the mystery quilt on here too so all my friends can join in the fun!! Let me know if you want to make the mystery (lap size to king size) and I'll make sure you get an email with instructions.

I appreciate you,

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment