Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Thursday, October 1, 2015

AMAZING!

I am amazed by the happenings of the past couple of days. Not only am I doing the next mystery for the Quilters Club of America, but I have been asked to make a quilt for the Fabri-Quilt Booth at the International Quilt Market. I need to have the king size quilt top completed, quilted, and back to them within three weeks. They are priority mailing the fabric to me today! How lucky is this girl?? I am in quilt heaven right now:-)

The pattern is one of Jess' (the amazing quilt design guru I test for) called Outside the Box. The good thing is I have made this pattern before. She asked me to make a king size this time and I get to have the quilt after the quilt market. It is an amazing pattern. Here is my first one, sandwiched and ready to quilt (it has since been finished and gifted!!). I love it! Can't wait to dig in and get 'er done!

I have also been busy on the fabric requirements and color hints for the mystery quilt to get posted on the Quilters Club of America site as soon as admin has my group up and running. I am having WAY too much fun. It is quite busy with deadlines and "hurry up and wait" aspects, but I work very well under pressure.

What's your best work environment? I do work well under pressure, but love the peace and quiet to just get the job done. If I need to work fast, I put the fast music on loud and lock myself away. If I need to do creative work, I usually sit on my bed with my headphones in listening to classical music, eating crackers and fruit!! In my bare feet, nonetheless! Always in bare feet, no other way to work! 

Please let us know what you're up to and your best work (play) environment. I love to hear how others do things, maybe I can change my way of doing something to make it tons easier.  Can't wait to hear from you.

Thanks again,

Debi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment