Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Busy Day...

Tuesday started really early with appointments for Shane and me for biometrics for the new healthcare insurance he has through his work. I now have a huge bruise and lump on my arm from where they drew my blood...all after waiting for an hour because they were running an hour behind, I could have slept another hour!!!!!

... Most Powerful’ Woman to Keynote NBCU Breakfast, Locale a MysteryWith that out of the way, I came home (from Tucson ~ 1.5 hour drive) to teach the children, then I could play for a while. I tested the pattern I designed for the mystery. It will be on Quilters Club of America. It is free and the pattern is free. You will get clues every week for around six weeks. Their web address is quiltersclubofamerica.com. For now, I have started a discussion called Mystery Quilt. I have asked admin to start a new group on the site, then the fun can begin. The parts I did today are looking awesome. It is a bed size quilt but can be made in many sizes. It could even be made in miniature for a wall or postcard. I am making a king for my bed because I love the pattern so much! I CANNOT WAIT!! I would love for you to join us. If you are unable to get on the site and want to participate, please let me know. I will be happy to send you the pattern via email or even facebook message so you can join the fun.

Today, I plan to teach in the morning, then in the afternoon, more testing for this quilt. I have to design the border. I know what I want, just have to work out measurements and yardages. I am using a quilt calculator to help with yardages, but doing my math the long way as well... asking my engineer husband if I calculated it all correctly! What are your plans? Please share your projects on our facebook page "The Crafter's Thread" or "Pieces Squared".

So I have two busy days in a row. I guess that should be nothing new, I think everyday is busy. I just feel if I don't work on a teddy bear in a given day, I haven't lived!! This poor big guy still has no face! I will get there, just not as quickly as I would like. I am looking forward to sharing him with you. He has a different body style and leg placements than my other bears and I like this new method. He looks more symmetrical now. The bunny goes live on the Patchwork Posse blog on October 6th. You can get the pattern free there with a tutorial from me on how to accomplish a beautiful bear (or bunny).

Can't wait to hear what you're working on!

Debi
Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment