Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Friday, December 12, 2014

Mr. Crooked Ears (or is it his eyes??)

HI!! It's been a while since I've been here.  I missed writing while I was sick, but I couldn't even think through that headache and icky belly.  Enough about that, just want to get better!!

Last time you saw this guy, he was in pieces. Thursday I finally felt good enough to put him together. He gave me fits, my hands didn't want to work on the joints, but I persevered and he's jointed. His belly is not full in this pic, he's sitting on my lap waiting for dinner!

As soon as he was full, I sat him on the cutting table and pinned his ears on. I tested a few different size eyes and decided on 14mm. I sewed his ears on CROOKED!! I looked at him several times and knew something was wrong, just couldn't figure it out! Finally took him to Shane and he figured it out with his very scientific methods! (He closed one eye and squinted!!)


Now that I see the picture, I can see the left ear is back farther on his head. It's as plain as the nose on MY face (since he doesn't have one yet)! Oh well, I took it off and placed it closer to his eye and it is much better. I'm looking forward to my favorite part now....his character! I think I may try a cheeky look as he has been a naughty bear!

 
Here he is with his ears and eyes straight. I have begun plucking to embroider his nose and mouth. I hope to get to that today. I keep calling this one a him, I guess because he is so cheeky, but we will see when it's finished which it is...girl or boy.




Are you ready for Christmas? I'm not, there is still so much to do. I fly tomorrow for Denver. Our littlest man has surgery on Monday, Nana won't miss that. The others need to catch the bus and be picked up. Nana will be filling in the gaps while daddy and mommy are with the little punkin.

Enjoy your day, hope you are not too stressed and have some time to do the things you love. I have seen some nice projects on Facebook. Thanks for sharing.  Thank you so much for stopping by, I appreciate you.

happy end of the week!

Debi



No comments:

Post a Comment