Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Teddy Bear Tea Party

Thanks for the kind comments yesterday. I am feeling some better today. The 5K run was fantastic, there were 21 runners...I had to time them, but it was fun. Everyone that had run in previous years ran a better time, maybe his office will bring the trophy back this year. His boss bought them pizza afterward, they all enjoyed the day. The weather was perfect, a little overcast so the sun wasn't beating down on them. Perfect day pretty much. 

I didn't have much time to play after the run and a supermarket trip, so I am working on designing another bear today. This one is for a friend. She bought a kit, but is too ill to complete it. She sent it back and I am going to make a special teddy bear for her. I'm excited!! For inspiration, I set the little guys (Miss Juliette, Walter III, and Sallymae) beside me for a wee tea party. They make me smile.
 

I had a little time to try a little block. The squares in this one are 3/8" or 1cm finished. The total block is 2 inches (just over 5cm) as it is, once it goes into the quilt, it will measure 1-1/2 inches (3.8cm). Too much fun!! Don't ask me where I am going to use it...maybe a teddy bear or doll quilt. This is a super good way to use up the crumbs and strings in my "I don't know what to do with these small things" bin.




We stopped at Hobby Lobby on the way home, I got some new things to help my teddy bears with their "bling-bling" issues, so fun :-)    I love the clearance section...these were all under $3, which makes pennies for each bear! YAY!





I should get back to it and finish designing this bear. I can't wait to get it started (actually sewing it). I love making teddy bears. I also love to make quilts and scrapbooks, never enough time to do everything I want!!!! I hope you have time in this crazy busy time of the year to do something you love. I think I need to schedule some "studio" time everyday. Enjoy your day. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you.

happy crafting,

Debi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment