Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Monday, December 1, 2014

Just Keep Swimming....~Dorie

I had hoped to introduce you to a new bear today, but I didn't make it. I have the bits all sewn together, but that's as far as I made it. I have had an icky couple of days with sinuses and these ole bones aching and my hands aren't working quite the way I would like. Oh well!! hopefully in the next couple of hours, we can see what it looks like. This pile of body parts will be something awesome!


I have seen many new ideas come across my Facebook page from friends. You all are staying very busy for Christmas. I am re-posting as many as I can, in hopes to encourage those of us who seem to do the same thing everyday, day in and day out, to branch out and try other things. Thank you ladies for your willingness to share your craftiness with us. If you don't want your pictures re-posted until after Christmas, please let me know. I will hold the pics to post until then. There are always birthdays and Christmases we can be preparing for!!

If you are working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery with me, today is Monday Link-up and you can link your blog or other free account to hers and show your progress. I plan to do that as soon as this post is published. If you are not working with me and want to... quiltville.blogspot.com, there is a tab for Grand Illusion Mystery. It uses scraps and I am finding I can use a lot of binding ends from other quilts. So far we have only used 2-1/2" strips. (I ALWAYS use a 2-1/2 inch binding.)  FUN, FUN, FUN!!!  Shane is really proud I am using the scraps I so meticulously saved, cut, and shoe-boxed by color. Nothing goes to waste around here!!!!! I am even saving all the mohair scraps from my teddy bears! Mini bears can be made from them. If the scraps are too small, I can always use them as stuffing. I have a bag for the slivers too small to re-use to stuff pet beds for my local humane society as well. There are no fabric scraps in my rubbish!

Time to get this published and do the link up. Hope your day is fantastic. Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate you. Thanks for sharing your pics and projects, you inspire me.

happy crafting,

Debi  

No comments:

Post a Comment