Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Moving On!

This time last year, the center of my universe was finished with his first round of chemotherapy and radiation awaiting his first surgery which was December 3. Here we are a year later looking for an all clear since the second round of chemotherapy and a second surgery.  His next tests are scheduled for December 5. His platelets are down, we are not sure he will have the procedure. Cancer is not fun and I am relieved the year is over and we can look forward to more Thanksgivings and Christmases. I ban the thought of what could have been....
 
Eighty HSTs and 100 broken dishes blocks, done and dusted! The first clue of Grand Illusion was pretty quick and easy. I am uber happy I finished. I believe this is the first time in my history of doing Bonnie's quilts to be ready for the next step! I will not stay sitting this pretty though, next Friday is test day at Mayo.
 

I also had time to work on this big guy. I finished cutting a couple pieces, then it got fray stopped. I will be in the process of stitching this afternoon in between morning and evening services at church. I also need to find a place for the teddy bears that are sitting here watching me. They are on the end of the ironing board and I am afraid I am going to burn their bums with the iron.
 
This teddy bear is being made from cream string mohair. I haven't used this fabric in quite some time. It is adorable and very easy to work with. I have the ears completed and they are nice and soft. This one is going to be gorgeous. Still not telling the paw pad color!

I hope you enjoy your day. I also hope your Thanksgiving was nice and you were surrounded by friends and family. Time to dig in and finish those Christmas gifts! Don't forget to post your progress on our Facebook page, The Crafter's Thread. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you.

happy crafting,

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment