Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Sloth

The sloth (trust me, I looked it up!) is growing. These are the newest ones in the collection. The three in the second row from the top were repaired, then the others were made from scratch. The first three were the reason I began making them again. I forgot how fun they are and how much I loved and missed the entire process. I have designed and made bears since 1998 and probably have over 25 of my own designs.

It took me most of the day to get these tiny pieces sewn together, but I did it. He already has a name and a lineage. I reduced the last one I drew down by 70% and this little guy was born. Next, I will reduce the large one by forty or so percent and hopefully have one right in the middle. This one is going to be cute, I can feel it.



Today I will assemble Walter III and give him some personality. I thought the picture made him look big, but then I saw my little needle in there and decided he isn't so big after all. Shane told me the title to yesterday's blog post (Wee Tiny Fella) was redundant...wee and tiny mean the same thing!! Oh well, he is wee tiny!!

I am working on the pictures today for a couple of tutorials as well. I also have a list of things I would like to share, like free tutorials, sites that help with getting started or questions about certain crafts, and free BOMs or mystery quilts or projects. There is no need to re-invent the wheel. Like dad says, "If it ain't broke, why fix it?". I won't make new tutorials, I'll just show you where to find good ones (in my opinion).

I am still proof-reading the thesis. This is hard work for one who hasn't taught in a few years. The grammar and punctuation rules are all different and I am having to do some research on the today's rules to accurately proof-read. I am learning a lot!

Hope your day is great and you have time to do something you love. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you. Thanks for making my day.

happy crafting,

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment