Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Piles

When the time comes to draw a new bear, I am ever so thankful for my "light box". It is like a flat screen tv, it hooks via USB to my computer, and is very bright. It is called an LED light pad. I love to be able to see through the paper when I am drawing legs and arms. It is very handy. Since it is USB, I can take it anywhere I can take my laptop. I love the mobility and  bright light!!



I have a pile of teddy bear parts drying from the fray stopping step. I don't think I will ever skip this step again. This fabric is thick and has a high thread count, so I don't expect it to fray, but I stopped it anyway! This swirly fur is creamy and very dense. I can't wait to see it made up. The finished bear will be about 9-10 inches tall when standing.


I also have a pile of melons laying here to be ironed and another pile of arcs ready to be sewn on one side of the remaining few melons. I have still more arcs also laying here to be ironed. Can you tell the ironing is my least favorite part. I guess I don't mind so much now that the weather has cooled off, I use the heat of the iron to warm me up! In the summer, it is just a HOT job. My goals for today are to get the ironing done and get sewing on this bear. 

Bonnie Hunter's new mystery comes out one week from today. I am very pleased I am ready to go. I will be trying to keep up this year. In the past, I found it a bit overwhelming, maybe because I didn't like my fabric choices or I didn't realize just what a scrap quilt was. Bonnie says this one is easier, AND I have tons of scraps in the colors she chose!  I can't wait to get started.

I have a friend doing a 5-Minute Purge.  She works for five minutes each day, cleaning and sorting one area, such as her pantry, bathroom closet, or kitchen drawers. I admire her as I can't stop myself at the five minute mark....I just want the job done! And my job for right now is for me to make these piles disappear. I am sure I will create new ones in the process, but at least I will meet my goals. 

I hope you have a great weekend and are able to worship at the church of your choice. I also hope you have time to do something you love. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you.

happy crafting,

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment