Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Friday, November 7, 2014

Saving $$$$$


I am the first person to admit I am all about saving money.  I will buy quality rather than quantity, however, I bought a pillow a while back that I thought would relieve some of the neck and back pain, that's what it was supposed to do, right?? Well, it didn't work and I just could not get used to it. SO, I threw it into the spare bedroom on the bed for a throw pillow. Recently my mother-in-law wanted to make a small pillow for a friend who has just had her shoulder replaced. She used some of the "filling" from the pillow we had bought before and loved the way it turned out. Long story LONG, I decided to try the foamy stuff inside to fill this big guy.  It has memory foam type shavings and I thought I could mold it to the bear. It makes a huge mess and if I am not careful, I get a lumpy bumpy bear, but I really LOVE saving money! It doesn't just shake off either, I have to take the dog brush and brush it all back off....sticky stuff!

 

I made other boo-boos with this one as well.  I carefully chose my paw pad fabric for color and texture. I even asked Shane and he liked my choice too.  I got the paw pads on and really DID NOT like them, so I frogged them and used a much darker color. I will admit I chose the first and second ones very late in the day and it was dark in the house. In the sunlight, it was just truly the worst choice! I guess third time really is a charm! I am liking the new color though and the texture is lovely as well. 
 
 






The ears almost double in size from sewing to turning. The "fur" is so long it hangs out the other end while sewing. I think he's going to be quite hairy!! I have all the pieces sewn together now. I need to sew in the foot pads and fill the legs, then the exciting part of putting him all together. Check back later today for progress pics. I am so excited......






I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy some time doing the things you love. We took a ride in the desert yesterday on the quad. I took a selfie of us, but the wind was blowing so hard, my hair was sticking straight up.....DELETE! Why is it that he always looks so good? Maybe I should photoshop my hair! We may take lots more rides during this season as it isn't too hot and not yet cold enough to need a jacket. Perfect weather to be outdoors. Whatever you are doing, ENJOY.

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you!

quilt piece-fully,

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment