Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Accomplished Feeling


I designed a new smallish teddy bear Friday afternoon. Then I dug into my "scraps" of fur...those pieces that have made at least one other bear so as not to waste anything... looking for a nice piece to make this one from. How hard can it be to choose? There can't be much here, WRONG! I have so many scraps, I can make like a zillion teds and still have scraps. It looks like my quilting fabric scraps. Now I need to organize this pile. I narrowed my choices down to these. I'm pretty sure there are 9 or 10 here with paw pad fabric laying with them. In my search (organizing) I found the black and white rayon I had been looking for to make a panda. Now all I have to do it draw a panda pattern! Please don't throw me in that briar patch!!



I also designed this bear's vest and have it nearly finished. I would like to find a small chain and faux pocket watch to make him look complete. I'm having way too much fun. If you know how I can make a chain or where I might find a little pocket watch, please let me know. I am not going to sew the "pocket" on until I can find the accessories. And I may shorten the vest (which calls for it's second re-design!). AND, I still have to FIX THAT NOSE!





All said and done, I feel I got a bit of fun time in. I think I did ten loads of washing Thursday. Friday only required one, so I had a bit more time to play. I hope you enjoy your weekend and get some time to do something you love. Please post pics on "The Crafter's Thread" on Facebook, I would love to see your projects. Cakes, quilts, paintings, teds, accessories, or whatever you do, it all inspires me to jump out of my box. I had a friend tell me the other day that her OCD was "fixated on beading right now", seems mine is fixated on teds! What are you fixated on?

happy crafting,

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment