Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Monday, January 12, 2015

Here It Is!!

I did finally finish the plucking on the sweet little ted and thought I would show you. I am in love with this one. I filled the arms, legs, and head with polyfil, but the body is full of garnet sand. This one has a bit of weight now!  However, I was a quarter of an inch off. I thought it would be seven inches and it is 7-1/4 inches. Here it is pictured with my mouse so you can judge the size. 

 I haven't decided if I will pluck more from the face though. I kinda like the look right now and I CANNOT put the fur back on. Once I pluck, it's gone forever! Looking a the picture, I see one strand of fur on the chin that must come out!! 

It also needs it's neck wear or whatever I decide to "dress" it in. The fur is so soft and pretty, I don't want to cover much of it. Maybe a bow on her head or a tiny bow tie around his neck?? Maybe just a pair of earrings or a necklace...I will just let it speak to me for a bit before I decide.



I hope to get some time to finish my patriotic BOM (block of the month) from 2014. I have 11 of the 12 blocks done, if I could just finish that last block, I could clear another thing off my cutting table. Then only two remain, one that needs a border finished and the wedding ring. I am very happy to get these WIPs (work in progress) off my table. Maybe I should call them WISPs instead...work in SLOW progress!! I hope to have a picture of another finished quilt top tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you. Please take some time to post your projects on The Crafter's Thread or Pieces Squared page on Facebook. I love to see your projects and be inspired to jump outside my box and try something different. I would love to try the balloons Mandy made for her girls for Christmas...maybe a tutorial is in order!! Still working on the bear tutorials, I decided to go video instead of pictures...big job!

happy day!

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment