Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Viola!

As much as I would love to say I totally completed the quilt top, I did not. I did, however, get the center finished. It was quite a power sewing day, but I enjoyed it!! It calls for a thin yellow border next, then a pieced border which I have all the blocks finished for, I just need to sew them together. I really wasn't sure when I got the "reveal" of the mystery if I was going to like it. I tweaked the centers of the stars from a aqua/yellow four patch to a solid pink square. I think it gives the eye a place to rest and looks a lot more like a star now. It is bright like I wanted. All in all, I think I like it! I am considering adding a row or two and making it a bit bigger. Right now it will finish at 88x88 inches. I think I may make it either 88x102 or 102x116...I must be crazy!! Now is the time to decide though, not AFTER I have the borders on! Guess I'll look at it for a couple of days and then make up my mind.

Other than the power sewing, I didn't do much. We had lunch with a good friend which I thoroughly enjoyed then my afternoon was quiet. I finished the washing and pretty much just sewed the rest of the day. I am very excited to get this one so far as another scrappy mystery starts today. It is the one centered around a train ride. It can be found on quiltingboard.com.  There should be a discussion under "Blocks of the Month and Week" titled something like "Mystery Train Ride #8". She hasn't posted as of yet. Usually around 9:00am Arizona time as she is local to me!! Here is my version of the last one we did. They usually end at around a lap or twin size. I like to make them bigger, I am a glutton for punishment, I guess! I say "go big or go home!"

I hope you enjoy your day and you have time to do those things you love to do. Thanks so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate you. Please post on "The Crafter's Thread" or "Pieces Squared" Facebook page, I love to see your projects.

happy crafting,

Debi


 

No comments:

Post a Comment