Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Friday, January 30, 2015

Too Long...

Not only has it been too long since I posted, but the legs on this panda are too long as well! It was back to the drawing board for a shortening of the legs and a lengthening of the black part of the body front. I made a prototype in cotton first, making sure the pattern was viable...it is, just need to tweek here and there. Can't wait to see this one in fur!


This one is just hanging out looking at me, patiently waiting for a nose and mouth. She has a few of her mates watching her to make sure she doesn't get into too much trouble while she waits. She is quite a nice bear. Her body is a really good shape and her proportions are well done. She has lovely big feet and good definition in the face. The only thing I am not sure about is the ear placement. I am thinking they are a bit low and need to be pulled up closer together. We will see what she looks like after I finish her face. I just want to sit and cuddle her. She has a new home all the way across the country (from west coast to east coast!), I better dress her a bit warmer than she is!


We have been very busy around here. I think I told you we had a wee break in between sets of grandchildren. Well, the second set of five is here. They are between 3 and 12 years old...quite a handful and we have been busy at the zoo, park, desert, eating, eating, eating!!!, and squeezing in a bit of sleeping here and there. The first week they were here, their parents were away at a trade show and Grandad and I got to spoil them without parental guidance! Now that they are home, not so much, but still enjoy the noise around the house and bodies everywhere when it's time for bed.

I am hoping you are not as busy as I am right now, and if you are that you take some time for yourself! I enjoy the time when family is here, but I need to squeeze in a bit of "me time" every now and then to regain focus. Let me know what you've been up too, I love to hear from you. Please post on one of the Facebook pages, The Crafter's Thread or Pieces Squared...I can't wait to hear about your adventures. I appreciate you.

Thanks for stopping by,

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment