I did make a bit of progress yesterday with the Panda. Amongst the migraine and church services, I got it "glued" to stop the fraying and the body pieces sewn together. I love the way it's coming together. Shane is impressed with him, that's a good start! I am enjoying the challenge of coming up with a small bear keeping the proportions of black and white correct. I studied pandas for quite a while before drawing the pattern. The one thing I decided to leave off after the cotton prototype was the "bib" in the back. Pandas have a white section from their neck to their shoulders that is a white horseshoe shape. I decided the pattern would be too intimidating for others to copy if I put that in. Otherwise, I think we are doing pretty good!
There are quite a few pieces with all the patches of black here and there. I added white to the leg and black to the face for the eyes. There are 29 pieces whereas the "normal" bears have 21 to 23 depending on the number of body parts or head shape one uses. Well actually there could be less, I do a three piece leg and others do a two piece...so many options, so little time!
I should get off here and try to get this panda sewn together, I also have the test quilt in the machine that I need to clear. I still have Alaska family in, sew time is precious. BUT, time with the grandchildren is not replaceable! I choose to spend time with them...
Enjoy your day. I will sew a bit while the children are chilling after lunch. Hope you have some time to do the things you love. Please take the time to post to our Facebook page (The Crafter's Thread or Pieces Squared) to inspire others. I have been seeing some lovely projects lately! Thank You!