Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Building Houses!

I am so sorry I haven't posted in a few days.  I mentioned in my last post that I was testing for a quilt designer.  I have been sewing log cabins for the last three days....200 of them to be exact.  I can't wait to see the finished product.  I am sworn to secrecy until the pattern goes public tho, sorry.  Watch this space and I will post pics once it is open to the public! But I have posted a couple of pics to whet your appetite. I am making the king size, hence all the strips!!


 Today, I am mending a skirt for our daughter and getting it and a few other things in the mail.  I guess she needs the weed eater starter cord from Sears!!  I am also cleaning out my studio, you can actually see a table that has been hidden for quite some time under finished quilt tops.  I have used 24 of the shoe boxes I showed you a while back.  I am moving right along.  I am learning to trim my fabric as I cut the quilt.  Helps tame the mess.

I also thought I might give you a few sites where you can find free patterns.  If you don't mind giving your email to these site, they send you a newsletter every now and then and there are tons of free patterns given.  American Quilters Society, Quilters Club of America, and all the fabric makers...moda, RJR, Andover, Quilting Treasures, Thimbleberries, and Blank Textiles to name just a few of the many many out there.  I get on and print them and they go in the file box by type for later use.  I go through them when I want to make something and I need inspiration.  They include not only quilt patterns, but other types of projects.  Also, check out Craftsy.com and their free classes.  I enjoy them as well.  Craftsy does a free block of the month every year.  I did 2012, but haven't had time in a while to catch up with the 2013 and 2014.

Hope you are having a good day and enjoying some time in your craft space.

quiltpiecefully,

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment