Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Mystery Quilt

For those of you who would like to sew along with me, I decided to re-post the directions here.  Fabric requirements and the first clue have been given already, So I will include those today.  I will add a new clue every Monday until October 13.  I have included pics of my choices.

For a twin (single) bed:
Fabric 1 (dark) 4 yards for blocks, inner and outer borders
Fabric 2 (light) 3-3/4 yards for blocks for inner and outer borders
Fabric 3 (accent) 1-3/4 yards for blocks and middle border 

Additional sizes:
For those who want to make a smaller quilt can do it with either 8 of each block, or 6 of each block depending on the size you want....you'll need at least 2 1/4 yds. DARK, 1 1/4 yds. LIGHT and 1yd. ACCENT.....the people who want to do king size will need .....5 7/8 yds. DARK,  4 5/8yds. LIGHT and 2 5/8 yds.  ACCENT


 The first step is to make 3-1/2inch half square triangles using fabric 1 and fabric 2.  I used my companion angle so I could save some fabric.  We were told to cut 3-7/8 inch squares and cut diagonal to make 144 light and 144 dark triangles.  I cut mine at 3-1/2 and used my angle ruler and did the same. It will take eight strips WOF either way you choose. When sewn together you will have 144 squares for the twin.  For the smaller versions, you will need 48 if you are making the 6 block version, 64 for the 8 block version, and for the king...246.

Any questions, just let me know. I'll try to clear everything up for you.  The original mystery is posted on Quilters Club of America, mystery quilt #10.

For those of you in America.....WE WILL NEVER FORGET! I will be praying for those effected by our tragedy on September 11, 2001. Please pray along side me.

Thanks for stopping by.
quilt piecefully,

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment