Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Scraps Everywhere

 I am ashamed to show what one of the bins in my studio has come to look like.  Seems I throw everything in there when I am in a hurry to tidy after cutting a project.  Since I can't stuff any more in there, it's time to dump it out and start sorting.

 

I can't even tell what I have in here. I have four more bins like this, but they have fat quarters in them.  I am ok with those for now...soon, I will sort them by color.  One can never have enough scraps, eh?

There are even some sewn strips in here, what was I thinking?????









 
Once it was out on the floor, it is quite a big stack, wish I had some help with this, but I made the mess, I will clean it up. I will sort through and pull out all the full strips first. Then scraps for the string bin, this is where I put all those crumbs that are bigger than an inch. I will proceed to cut down the others for the shoe boxes.




Also, I am so excited to say I have sold my first quilt.  I am almost giddy with excitement to finish it.  Someone saw it on the blog and wants it.  I guess I should spend all my time finishing it.  I can't wait to see it all finished. I will take tons of photos though and make sure it is labeled.  Can't wait!!





Well, this stack is blocking my way to lunch, so I best get on with it before our dog Baby makes her bed out of them!!!!!  She seems quite comfortable!

Hope you all have a good weekend.  Enjoy some quiet time and your sewing machine if you have time.  Let me know what you're doing.  I would love you to share your current projects.  We can inspire each other.

quilt piecefully,

Debi




No comments:

Post a Comment