Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fabric, Fabric Everywhere!!

 
Although, I am one pretty happy lady!

 And I think I need to stop for a while!!  I haven't bought any in....well, uhm....a week!!  I got through the pile on the floor.  This is the pile to cut down into useable scraps and strips.  I'll be cutting squares and triangles out of these scraps and putting them in the boxes with like sizes and color.  Can't wait to finish it.  I am also cutting the arcs and melons for the double wedding ring quilt.  I have all the strips cut to get the end triangles and arc pieces.  I also have all the melons cut.  Just need to cut the centers and get on with it!





This pile has WOF (width of fabric) strips in it, I need to cut them into useable sizes or maybe have more shoe boxes for bigger strip sizes. I have patterns and ideas for smaller sizes though....thoughts?? to cut or not to cut, that is the question.  Hmmmm.....

What does your scrap pile look like? I'm sure more organized than mine.  Post pics and let me know your ideas for storage.  Mine are in the plastic (see through) shoe boxes, labeled with size and shape. What do you make with your scraps?  I need inspiration for this ever growing population of leftovers! I love seeing the scraps from quilts I made for the family in other projects.




Well, I need to get back to cutting and sorting and sewing. Hope you have a great rest of your weekend and work week.  Since I have church tomorrow, I am writing this early and scheduling a post for Sunday.  Enjoy your day!

quilt piecefully,

 Debi










No comments:

Post a Comment