Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Do I Hear Wedding Bells??

After I finished the ironing board cleaning, I started back into the double wedding ring.  You know me, I get bored when I work too long on a certain thing.  I started sewing the centers in today.  This is much easier than I expected.  I don't think I'll get bored with this, it is very rewarding!  I laid it out on the design wall, then off to the sewing machine.  I started with this... the melons needing to be sewn to the center.  Pins, pins, pins and even more pins (we are working on a curved seam again) and then sew.  I got the three melons on with no puckers (YAY!) and the first one out of the sewing machine now looks like the picture below.



I will continue to sew three sides on the outside edges, then I will have a serpentine seam to sew the rows to each other. My unfinished blocks are 15-1/2 inches. They will finish at 15 inches in the completed quilt. I will post more pics for you to see what I mean about the serpentine row connection. Watch this space tomorrow for more pics.  I am getting anxious now!!!  Off to sew more centers.  I am also going to look for a better template than this cardboard thing I cut!  






Enjoy your day, please post your pics and rewarding projects (and your not so rewarding projects) on our Facebook page or Pin it on Pinterest and share with us.  I would love to see what you're working on. If you're knitting, sewing, crocheting, or paper crafting....add pics.  We always need inspiration, I know I do. 

quilt piecefully,

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment