Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Friday, September 5, 2014

Taming Time

I spent most of yesterday evening ironing hourglass units.  I have 125 cut, sewn, and ironed.  The pile looked like this when I started:
 
Fortunately, I had a couple hours to kill and these kept me busy.  I love to "pinwheel" the backside as it makes the block flatter when I quilt it.  Less bulk makes better looking quilts.
 Here is a pic of the lovely little hourglass after I ironed the seams.  If you look closely, you will see another hourglass where all four seams come together.  I made 1/2 square triangles with two quarter-square triangles, then sewed two of those together.  Really it is only three true seams, but it looks like four.  






 And time (my hourglass units) have been tamed into 125 nice 4 1/2" squares ready for the puss and star blocks for the quilt. Only 49 more to go and I'll be ready to go.  Woohoo!!

Monday, we get the cutting chart for the mystery quilt I showed you the fabrics for.  I'll post pics as we go.  I am very busy this weekend testing for a brilliant designer.  I can't wait to see what this one will look like too.  Sew much fun, sew little time!  Off to choose fabrics for that one now.  Can't post pics of it until it is public, so sorry.  If you want to do this one, it will be the September Mystery on The Quilt and Needle's website.  www.thequiltandneedle.com  and is usually posted toward the end of the month.  This one comes in five sizes, how fun is that?!?!?!

quilt piecefully,

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment