Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Shopping, Chopping, and Sorting

 I was given some scraps today that I sorted and added to the shoe box collection.  I am getting so organized, sometimes I amaze myself!! I have 1-2" scraps in one, I have 2" strips and squares in another, and I have my 2 1/2" squares in another sorted dark and light.  I have my 2 1/2" strips sorted by color.  Pretty cool!!
I also changed my mind on the mystery that started yesterday.  We got the fabric requirements and finished size.  I changed the light to one that I feel matches better.  I used my phone camera on tonal again and found I have a dark, a medium, and a light.  I am pleased with my choices.  I will post the steps along the way.





I also went shopping at the fabric store today and bought a bodkin.  I have been looking for one for a while.  It is a funny looking tool that helps me turn thin things right way out, like bias for applique.  I am very happy with my finds today.  I got a special thing that I can't wait to share with you.  I will pick it up Thursday.  Watch this space!! I am looking forward to trying everything.

Hope you have a great day and you enjoy your crafts for a bit today.  Also hope you will join me with the mystery quilt.  We start cutting and sewing on Monday, 8 September.  

Quilt piecefully,

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment