Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Friday, October 3, 2014

Blue and Beautiful!

This has been my leader and ender project for a long time, but I just couldn't wait to put it together, so here is the center of the quilt top.  I still have the borders to put on, but it is coming along.  I also got some wedding rings done yesterday for the double wedding ring. It was a nice evening after the children went to bed.  Shane watched a movie so it was very quiet and I got plenty done. I love evenings like that! The top is too big to get on my cell phone camera, so I had to take it with my iPad.  I am loving it. I am putting a 2-1/2inch light border around the entire top, then a pieced hourglass border.  I think after that, just so the eye has a place to rest, I will add a blue/light print that is not too busy.  I'm all up for ideas.  It is currently 72 inches wide and 80 inches long.  With the light border it will be 76x84 (finished). The pieced border will make it 81 wide and 89 long.  I would rather add another border to make it fit on a king bed with a nice drop. I have enough hourglass units and star points to make a star for the outer border corners.  Hmmm, what to do?  Love to hear your ideas. This is made from the scrap bin, so all ideas are welcomed! You know me, it has to be free! This quilt costs nothing...I bought the fabric for other quilts and the pattern was free. Well, I guess I did purchase the thread!  This pattern can be found on quiltville.blogspot.com under the "free patterns" page.  P.S. sorry my cutting table takes up the bottom corner of the picture.   :-(

My goal to finish all the UFOs in my studio before starting another big project is not going so well.  I am pretty pleased with myself though, I am clearing them out.  I am working on the two mysteries (another starts October 15th) and the double wedding rings.  I now need a new leader and ender project.  Guess I will have to see what I can find for that. It's a nice way to make two things at once!

Hope you are completing projects and enjoying your day. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to post on the Facebook page or here.  I can't wait to see what you are working on...knitting a sweater, sewing a dress, making a quilt, crocheting a gift...I would love to see.

quilt piecefully,

Debi

 

1 comment: