Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Love the Bright Colors

I worked most of Saturday afternoon on finishing the Saturday Mystery.  We got the last clue in the morning, it was making the corner blocks and assembling the quilt.  I didn't see that finish coming.  I thought we would be making more blocks out of the smaller blocks, but they were the border, go figure!! I did rotate the colors though. It was designed to be white where mine is dark blue and vice versa (in the first border). It was also designed as a lap quilt, but I wanted it to be a twin bed size, so I increased the size of my borders and added the outside border. I am glad to have it finished. I had to stand on the piano bench to take the picture!!! At least I didn't get my toes in the pic!!


I used my morning to do the groceries, a manicure, and lizard feeding and care. I got the laundry done in the afternoon. I also heard from the ladies whom I altered the bridesmaids dresses for and everything was perfect! That really makes me feel good. I love helping people and I feel even better when it turns out better than expected.

 
Look what I found when sorting through the fur and paw pad fabric Thursday.....



I can see a purple and yellow panda in my future! Or maybe a bear with stripes like a bumble bee!! I can't wait to draw this one!



I think I will spend my afternoon finishing the hand-stitching on the bear I started Friday. All I need to stitch are an ear, the gusset in the head, feet pads, and assembly.  Should go quickly now. My morning and evening will be spent in church, I hope yours are too. Enjoy your day, take some time for yourself.

quilt piecefully,

Debi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment