Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Real Thing!!

Monday started at 7:00am with a fitting for the bridesmaids dresses I needed to alter for a wedding this weekend. BUT, since we are leaving Wednesday to drive the children back home, I had yesterday and this morning to get them finished.  I had dresses hanging everywhere in all different stages of alterations.  I only have to hem one, but the others need nips and tucks as well as hems. 
 









 We also had to go to the Mayo Clinic for physical therapy for Shane's broken vertebrae yesterday morning.  They are very pleased with his progress, he is very good about doing his exercises and working hard on his posture.  His T7 and T10 vertebrae are fractured due to the chemotherapy.  It induced osteoporosis and he is on medicine for that and the exercises to help strengthen the muscles around them.  This gave me time on the drive to cut out the new teddy bear and start pinning.  I found the fray stopping stuff and will put that on and let it dry before I sew this one together.

While taking the children home, we are going to drive through San Diego and go to the USS Midway, the San Diego Zoo, and Legoland.  The children don't know it, so it will be a nice surprise after being separated from their parents for so long. Their dad is deployed and is in the middle east, but mommy is finally home! This will give me plenty of driving time to finish this teddy bear up, since these dresses are taking up my days.


Time to give baths and get ready for another busy day!!  Hope yours is fantastic and you have time to do the things you love.  Please post on our Facebook page or here on the blog.  Thank you so much for stopping by. I appreciate you.

quilt piecefully,

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment