Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear Turn Around


I did sit down and draw a teddy bear last night.  Here are three pics.  I first decide how big I want the teddy bear.  This one should be about 4-1/2" (11cm) tall when standing. I designed this one with a bit more bulk in her arms and legs. I know she will be a bit chubby and her head will be adorable. I draw out the pattern on paper and cut it out.  Then trace on the back of the fur I have chosen for this wee one. The hardest part for me isn't really difficult, but tedious, the cutting of the fur watching not to "shave" the teddy bear.  The pics show the process to pinning.  I am excited to see what this little one finally looks like. 

 




I think I am also going to make her a tiny quilt to go with her.  Two of my favorite things...quilting and teddy bears.  I have some teddy bear fabric...hmmm, the mind just races with ideas! Maybe I will use the tiny blocks I tested yesterday.  I am excited to start!!  I hand-stitch my little teds, so I can do two things at once...machine sew the teeny quilt and hand-stitch the teeny ted.

Well I am off to do some hand stitching and cutting more center units for the wedding ring quilt.  This quilt has turned out to be the one that has taken me the longest to accomplish, but I knew it would.  It has several pieces that each are template cut.  I am loving it. AND, I still need to catch up on the mystery quilt that I showed you the fabric for yesterday....my blue streak again!

Have a wonderful day. I hope you have some time to do something you love, no matter what it is.  I am enjoying spending the last few days we have with the children.  Three more sleeps and mommy will be here.

quilt piecefully,

Debi




No comments:

Post a Comment