Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Goofing Off

Tuesday was simply a goof off day.  I played with fabric, made a thread run, and did some research. I found another Facebook mystery on the Quilter's World Facebook page.  I am 4 weeks behind, but that won't take long to catch.  It finishes at 55" x 55", I may try to make it bigger.  I have more fabric than I need, I can add blocks or borders to increase the size. Here are the fabrics I chose. Blue again, I must be on a blue streak right now :-D

I also played with a couple of blocks.  I made a couple of tiny shoo fly blocks.  The squares finish at 1", these blocks are 3" finished.  I am going to try to make it smaller, it may be a bit tricky with the HSTs. I also made a block that has several names...mostly old maids puzzle. It finishes at 6 inches. I could fit four of the tiny blocks in the big one!!
 


I have been working so hard on the wedding ring, I ran out of thread.  I needed to pick my mother-in-law up at the garage after she dropped her car, so we all went out to lunch and I was able to pick up some thread.  I bought four big spools, that should last a while! We'll see....

I need to get back at it and sew these blocks together for the Monday mystery so I don't get behind on that one. I am ready for the Saturday mystery. I also need to stay busy on the new one and the double wedding ring. I also have a hankering to make a teddy bear.  I put some on the shelf today that I have designed and made in the past and it whet my appetite to make more. I'll post pics as I go.

Enjoy your day, do something you love. Post pics on our Facebook page or on the blog. Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy writing.....even if no one reads it!  Keeps me sane and on track with the projects.

quilt piecefully,

Debi



No comments:

Post a Comment