Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear.............

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Finesimo

Well, here she is in all her glory, but I still think she is a he!! AND, I PLUCKED! I like the clean look of the muzzle. Next one, maybe only a shave. I love how the character comes out when you do the face. Until then, they are just wee lifeless things.  Shane asked me today how I decided what kind of nose, smile, frown, or whatever to embroider....I told him they must speak to me.  They usually portray close to how I feel...as you can tell, this one is a bit disappointed....my babies are gone now, I'm a bit disappointed. But he is pretty cute, and both are still nameless...any ideas??


 


And this may not make YOUR day, but it sure made mine.  I came home to a 50 pound container of garnet sand....how cool is that???? I use this as weight in my tiny teddy bears.  This will certainly fill a lot of bears. This sand is a bit finer than I am used to, I will have to accommodate for that.  I don't want it seeping out through the fabric or seams.


I am already drawing another bear.  I am trying to make one with a wide muzzle.  I am hoping between Shane's genius and my creativity, we've got it.  I know that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.  I am hoping by widening the gusset, I can widen the face a bit.  I also have the triangles cut and a few more lips done for the wedding ring quilt.  I am not accustomed to the slow progress on a quilt, this is the first double wedding ring I have ever done, definitely not my last. I just need to understand they take a while to complete...no instant gratification!!!

Have a great day and if you can send good name ideas my way...just post here or on Facebook.  I am hoping you have the opportunity to do something you love. Enjoy your day!

quilt piecefully,

Debi


No comments:

Post a Comment